Peace

Peace
A lake in Dromineer

Saturday 19 October 2013

Book launch by the Meath writers circle

Okay well last night, being Friday 18 October 2013, I had the great pleasure of attending the launch of Meath writers circle anthology, a compilation of prose and poetry. The launch was attended by hundreds, from near and far. A good night with songs, music, poems, stories, food and drink. It was launched by the one and only Pat Farrelly, the main man for many years behind the Scurloughstown festival committee, a good guy. He said, he was only coming on as a "sub" for the other guy who couldn't make it.  We had attendees from the Scurloughstown Olympiad, from the Boyne writers, the Meath writers and people from God knows where. Our main hosts, and the ones who put the anthology together and got funding and publishing done, were Frank Murphy and Willie Hodgins, well done guys, a fine job. Frank and Willie also compered the evening. Mention was made of the late great Tommy Murray founder of the Meath writers and friend. I took many photos but because of the dark room, my camera was being temperamental and only half came out, well I tried people. So I'll give you what I have. I have two poems in the book myself and am looking forward to sitting down and having a good read of all the other pieces therein. Well done to all involved and all who turned out, a great night.







    

No comments:

Post a Comment